NO PURCHASE REQUIRED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Purpose of Rules: These rules, set forth, will govern the Kidville Rockin' Railroad CD Artwork Contest as a means of collecting artwork that may be displayed and not returned to the artist. Artists will be asked to draw a picture that reflects Kidville's Rockin' Railroad class to be used as the cover of our Rockin' Railroad CD.
2. Contest Deadlines: The contest will officially begin on February 21, 2013. All artists submitting an entry must deliver finished work to firstname.lastname@example.org ("designated email inbox") between Thursday, February 21, 2013 and Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. PST.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Contest via email by sending your submission to email@example.com. You may not submit more than one (1) artwork entry per child.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all permanent or temporary residents of the United States, Canada, United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong, and India. The adult submitting the artwork must be 18 years old or older at the time of entry, and the child that creates the artwork must be 9 years old or younger at the time of entry. Employees of Kidville, Inc. and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Kidville will not be responsible for late or misdirected, damaged, illegible or lost entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries become the property of Kidville.
5. Criteria for Judging: Entries will be judged according to originality, artistic composition, and content appropriateness.
6. WINNER SELECTION: The grand prize winner will be selected and announced on or around March 1, 2013. Winner will be notified via email within 24 hours of selection, and will be responsible for providing a high resolution copy of the artwork at that time. If winner is unreachable after 5 days, Kidville reserves the right to select an alternate winner at random from all remaining eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
7. Technical requirements for design or entry: All finished artwork must be no larger than 5 inches by 5 inches. Entries must submitted in high resolution JPEG format, full color. Artists may use any colorful medium including but not limited to crayons, markers, paint, pastels, or colored pencils. Compositions that are created via hand must be photographed or scanned and submitted via email. No mail in submissions will be accepted. Sculptural or three-dimensional pieces will not be eligible. All entries must be submitted with Child's Name and Child's Age.
8. Restrictions on subject matter of entry: The artwork must depict images appropriate for children to view. The design must be the contestant's own original creation.
9. ADDITIONAL RULES: The winner consents to use of their names, likenesses, photographs, videos and voices for editorial, advertising, promotional and publicity purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Entrants further grant to Kidville the right to use their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. Tennessee residents need not sign Publicity Release. Winner agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Kidville, all media outlets, Contest sponsors, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any liability or claims for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising out of the acceptance, use, misuse or the possession of the prize received. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judging organization, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Contest. This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and is void where restricted or prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
11. CONDUCT: By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Official Rules will be posted at the Kidville.com throughout the Contest. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Kidville reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the game or web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, KIDVILLE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH CONTESTANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Kidville is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submission in the Contest. Kidville assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or authorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Kidville is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Kidville, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Kidville reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.